A box jump is a plyometric exercise that involves jumping onto a box or platform. The exercise strengthens the muscles in the legs, hips, and core, and also helps to improve power, agility, and balance.
How to perform a box jump?
1. Stand with your feet shoulder–width apart, facing the box.
2. Bend your knees and hips into a quarter squat position.
3. Swing your arms back, then explosively swing them forward as you jump onto the box.
4. Land with both feet at the same time, absorbing the impact with your legs.
5. Step down from the box and repeat.