Block snatch is a weightlifting exercise in which the lifter takes a barbell from the floor and pulls it up in one motion. This exercise is used to strengthen the legs and back muscles, as well as improve overall power.
How to perform a block snatch?
1. Begin by standing with your feet hip–width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
2. Hold the barbell in front of your thighs with an overhand grip and your arms extended.
3. Keep your back flat and chest up.
4. Drive through your heels and explosively extend your hips as you bring the barbell up to your shoulders.
5. As the barbell reaches your shoulders, actively pull it up by shrugging your shoulders and tucking your elbows in.
6. Quickly drop into a squat to absorb the impact of the barbell and then stand up fully.
7. Return the barbell to the start position.